Weight Management and Weight Loss Diet Plans with Long Island RDN
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is a challenge for many people.
Though you will find many one-size-fits-all weight loss programs on Long island — they simply don’t work for keeping weight off long term. Diets are temporary solutions that results in short-term weight loss usually followed by weight regain. Quick loss can also lead to adverse health issues. True weight loss success comes from incorporating sustainable changes in eating and behavior into your daily routine.
During your initial consultation, Nancy will evaluate your dietary and weight loss goals; your current eating practices; your home, work and social environment; and identify which areas need improvement and where good choices and habits already exist.
We’ll Work as a Team
We will work together to develop a personalized plan with specific foods and better food choice patterns. You will be given the tools to promote positive behavioral changes.
- You will not have to eat special foods.
- You will not have to be restrictive and deprived.
- You will not have to be perfect.
- You do not have to eat differently from your family or friends.
Wiser food choices supported by sound nutritional information combined with positive behavior changes will guide you to your optimal weight and health.
Success Starts with a Plan
Your action plan will:
- Set realistic and sustainable goals
- Analyze your dietary needs
- Get to the root of your food issues
- Provide a variety of strategies to promote behavioral change
- Include foods you like and changes you can live with
- Educate you about shopping, cooking and dining out
- Address relapse prevention and weight maintenance
- Allow you to enjoy your food . . . and your life
Nancy will customize your path to success: a sensible nutrition plan along with realistic lifestyle strategies and achievable goals.